I've made no progress and minimal contact with Ross. Anyone still around?
reminder this thread has feedback on the mainpage, courtesy of the SCP Foundation's users.
added some tabs to the main page for easier navigation.
sounds good I'll work on re writing main article.
Joke title aside, this site is in serious need of a revamp. Here's my list of things we need to get done (I'm open to suggestions or changes):
- Rewrite the main page
- Make newer and better articles
- Rewrite older articles
- Change the Object Format so it's not exactly like SCP without containment procedures
- Create more tales
- Make the site casual and more formal
- Try and get more users
- Try and get more staff
Project has begun and will end July 1st.
If this is a failure the wiki will be deleted.
sorry for typos in last post I was rushing also I was banned for one week during that time I left the site thanks. - Agent Ross
ok listen if you would I understand and see your point after understanding my imaturity I realized that I need time to think about how I'm acting I contacted SCP staff and resighned for a wile. I will not advertise GRU at all and will redo the hole site. I am not asking for site staff to stay just asking that you understand that this is my first site that actually went somewhere (even if it's not a good place). I will message proper site staff with my plans. Ross
I have to agree with this. I warned you, Ross, about advertising on SCP and this has only led to WOF-001 and 003 getting downvoted, and you've been banned for a week on there.
I'm not quitting yet but I don't see much of a point to this anymore.
Dude, you do know that setting up an offshoot site is not doing you any favor, and it's not gonna attract anyone to join your site. There's a reason people are inactive on your sites. And the reason the articles on there are downvoted. Promoting yourself constantly in articles will not do you any favors either.
So I took care of Roger he had his membership revoked but can re-apply at any time
why would you revoke his membership? him being a member doesn't affect us at all.
I have a friend who is interested in becoming a mod. He is already an admin for a gaming wiki and wishes to help with setting up site events.
If they're willing, tell them to join and one of us will promote them.
Ok, So I took care of Roger he had his membership revoked but can re-apply at any time also I have a friend who is interested in becoming a mod. He is already an admin for a gaming wiki and wishes to help with setting up site events. So I'll talk to him Anyway, Thx for the update Octopus Guy.- Agent Ross :)
1. GRU Staff Wiki has been deleted. I probably should have asked Ross about getting rid of it first, but recreating a site that might never have gotten anymore activity seemed like the correct way of going about things.
2. I haven't been as active as of late. I've been doing other things and nothing much has happened here. I'll try and keep up my activity now.
3. We're having a hard time finding active moderators. I have no idea of Tuomey even remembers this site exists, I've had no trace of Rodger since a PM conversation when they first joined, and Entake hasn't edited since January 26. If anyone's willing to apply, the support would be appreciated.
4. If anyone has an idea on how to get new members, message me or Ross. Advertising on other wikis is not a workable method of attracting new members.
5. All suggestions for improving the wiki are welcome.
EDIT: Added a thing about Reserved Staff to the staff page, although it will probably be subject to change.
Our newest staff member will be in charge of catching vandals and trolls.
Please be advised that the site is still under construction and you can help if you wish. For more info please contact admin OctopussGuy thx.
-Agent Ross (Sitting Site Master Admin)
Can you please? I mean, this is a offshoot site and all, but you need to be more professional. Offshoot sites are frowned upon when it's set up by someone unprepared.